January 30, 2023, 08:55:53 AM

Author Topic: Daimos' special ability  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Rametarin

• Newbie Pilot
  • Newbie Pilot
  • Awards [Lose > Win] and [Win >= 100] Credit >= 10 million Turn used >= 15000
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Achievement Points: 170
Daimos' special ability
« on: May 25, 2019, 07:33:56 AM »
What is the formula?

I can think of a number of ways it may work, but I do not know for sure.

1.) Does it just take whatever attack you use in that turn, divide the maximum possible damage by 5 to bring it to 20% and use that value as extra damage reduction? So, whatever attack is being used gets 100% priority, and your damage reduction value = 20% of that particular attack, used that turn.

2.) Does it use the highest attack value for the damage reduction, but NOT require you to use said attack for that benefit? So for example, say you upgraded Daimos Deathblow 50 times. That'd be 3,730 before Morale gave it any boost (or reduced it) to your damage reduction/armor rating. But, that value is passive, whether or not you're actually using Daimos Deathblow. So you could get the benefits of Daimos Deathblow for passive defense but use the attack damage of SOU RYO KEN (or Daimo Kick, if you're weird) for offense.

3.) Is the damage reduction value the product of adding all your attacks together and using 20% of that? So 20% of all your attack power, from all your attacks and all your upgrades to any attack. In which case, there'd be strategic advantage suddenly in putting levels into more of your attack skills.

I know it's PROBABLY just 20% the attack value of whatever ability you're using THAT ROUND, X2 from Rage (and not X3 from Spirit because Daimos does not have that ability), then factoring in whatever weird math Morale does to boost that, and nothing more exotic, but I figured it was worth asking about rather than experimenting with it and losing a few million credits.

Offline Vincent

• EZ-SRWO Administrator
  • Ace Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Achievement Points: 5
Re: Daimos' special ability
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 01:02:38 AM »
What is the formula?

I can think of a number of ways it may work, but I do not know for sure.

1.) Does it just take whatever attack you use in that turn, divide the maximum possible damage by 5 to bring it to 20% and use that value as extra damage reduction? So, whatever attack is being used gets 100% priority, and your damage reduction value = 20% of that particular attack, used that turn.

2.) Does it use the highest attack value for the damage reduction, but NOT require you to use said attack for that benefit? So for example, say you upgraded Daimos Deathblow 50 times. That'd be 3,730 before Morale gave it any boost (or reduced it) to your damage reduction/armor rating. But, that value is passive, whether or not you're actually using Daimos Deathblow. So you could get the benefits of Daimos Deathblow for passive defense but use the attack damage of SOU RYO KEN (or Daimo Kick, if you're weird) for offense.

3.) Is the damage reduction value the product of adding all your attacks together and using 20% of that? So 20% of all your attack power, from all your attacks and all your upgrades to any attack. In which case, there'd be strategic advantage suddenly in putting levels into more of your attack skills.

I know it's PROBABLY just 20% the attack value of whatever ability you're using THAT ROUND, X2 from Rage (and not X3 from Spirit because Daimos does not have that ability), then factoring in whatever weird math Morale does to boost that, and nothing more exotic, but I figured it was worth asking about rather than experimenting with it and losing a few million credits.

Sorry for some late reply. The answer is number 1.
Damage reduction = 20% x Final damage on that turn (No matter the attack is miss or not) So if you use rage on that turn, it just double the damage reduction on that turn.

Attack power  = 10,000 then damage reduction from passive skill = 2,000
Use rage then it's guaranteed that damage reduction = 4,000 for that turn.

To clarify about critical, It's always calculated each turn. So even you miss the attack, critical random still count for the passive skill, so if it's considered a critical but miss the target, you still can reduce 4,000 damage. Rage just ensure that you get critical on the turn skill activated.

If you still have any question, please feel free to ask :) I'm willing to answer. And thanks for the good question.
Please enjoy your season!

Offline TeastarJoestar

• Newbie Pilot
  • Newbie Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Awards
@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 06:23:22 AM »
https://t.me/pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram
Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !